FAIR TRADER

Through Mindful Spending, we aim to slowly harness a small portion of the world's collective purchase power to support Fair Trade companies.

Monday, May 08, 2006

How Soccer Explains The World

With the 2006 World Cup just around the corner, I've been re-reading Franklin Foer's excellent book. I rate it among the best travel books I have read, period. Each chapter takes you through a country's soccer scene, and through Foer's insightful writing, you learn a lot about the country itself. I enjoyed each chapter, but a few especially standout: Italy, Brazil, Serbia, Iran, and England.

Foer fills each chapter with interesting and funny observations. You will learn a lot about how each country works and the writing will engage you, regardless of whether you know soccer or not. Even if you are not a travel book reader, I still recommend you read it. It is that good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home