FAIR TRADER

Through Mindful Spending, we aim to slowly harness a small portion of the world's collective purchase power to support Fair Trade companies.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Organic Restaurants

We just spent 2 nights and 3 days in one of my favorite places -- Santa Barbara, California. When I went to grad school in U.C.S.B. many years ago, I spent a lot of time in downtown Santa Barbara, probably more than the typical U.C.S.B. student. I always loved the downtown area, especially the array of restaurants.

On this trip we discovered two restaurants with organic menus. By this I mean organic produce, AND, organic/free-range chicken, beef, pork, and wild fish. While I like vegetarian restaurants, I think there is definitely a need for restaurants that cater to non-vegetarian consumers who support organic produce and healthy meat.

If you are ever in downtown Santa Barbara, check out the Natural Cafe or Spiritland Bistro.

Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home